How is AI changing the education industry?
AI-related changes in the education industry develop more effective perceptions and understanding of the learning process. Measuring and comprehending the scale of human intelligence is a priority task for the education of the future.
AI technologies can significantly change the education sector, creating new opportunities to restructure the work of the entire industry. The introduction of AI in e-learning will increase the efficiency of the educational process and the resources spent on its organization.
The artificial intelligence system of the educational process should include such elements:
- A search information system that provides the formation of a database of the educational process from various sources;
- Automatically updated library of electronic textbooks, manuals, and methodological guidelines;
- A method for monitoring the student’s knowledge, including a subsystem for continuous monitoring of progress, activity, and results;
- Control tasks library, automatically adjusted to the preparation level of each student, depending on his results;
- Automated system for scheduling and distribution of teaching load;
- Service system that provides communication between the student and the educational organization.
The use of AI technologies in the education industry can play an essential role in human learning and development throughout life.
It will facilitate providing educational services and improving their quality. AI allows forming an individual academic trajectory for successful learning and further professional growth.
You should consider integrating AI into your educational project now. Here are some excellent ideas of AI uses in e-learning that we implement in Digicode e-learning projects:
Adaptive and personalized learning will finally finish with “one size fits all” programs.
It implies selecting the necessary teaching content for the needs of each student with different levels of academic performance, with the ability to track progress in learning and change its trajectory depending on the results. Each student, regardless of their background, race, and social and economic level, will achieve their most potential through personalized learning.
- The automatic assessment system makes it possible to carry out an automated impartial assessment of students’ level of knowledge, analyze information about learning outcomes, make recommendations, and develop effective individual training plans.
- Intermediate training is a specialized computer program that allows the student to consolidate the material learned, determines when he can forget it and gives recommendations for repetition.
- The possibility of learning playfully (gamification) is expressed in gaming technologies and training simulators in the educational process.
- Proctoring system analyzes a student’s behavior taking an exam remotely: the frequency of looking away from the monitor, an attempt to change the tab in the browser, the presence of unauthorized persons or voices, etc. On the one hand, such an assessment can be objective. On the other hand, it can lead to inaccuracies in some cases in the case of system imperfection. For example, there may be noise in the room that has nothing to do with passing the exam, which the system can record as a violation. For example, it may be challenging to pass the exam for visually impaired persons (strabismus).
- Smart campus is a project that will allow you to answer various questions from students: class schedule quickly; feedback from the university, teacher; access to video lectures, audio materials, presentations; receiving control tasks; registration for various educational programs, courses; availability of the necessary literature; availability of free space in the hostel, the ability to choose a place; search for free parking, etc.
AI contains some risk potential. Perhaps, for this reason, some educators are skeptical about innovative technologies. Scientists often attribute the possibility of unauthorized access by AI to information about the private life of students and teachers and the inability of virtual teachers and chatbots to effectively work with complex students, among the apparent disadvantages of new systems. To minimize the risks of the impact of technology on education, humanity needs to use modern artificial intelligence systems wisely.
Do you want to integrate AI into your educational project? Digicode specialists will help you in choosing the right technology and implementing it into an existing project. Feel free to book a free 30-minute consultation!