Digicode has helped Hospice Source (USA) migrate from inconvenient and out-of-date inventory management systems software that didn’t support actual business flow to Dynamics 365 Business Central and set up flexible asset lifecycle management.
Hospice Source, founded in 1997 in Oklahoma City, was established to meet the unique demand for supplying medical equipment to a rapidly expanding community of hospice patients. Over a brief period, the company identified the necessity of offering technological solutions to hospice caregivers, streamlining the equipment procurement process for their patients.
Hospice Source had implemented a cloud-based business management solution comprising an integrated suite of applications for handling accounting, order processing, inventory management, supply chain, and warehouse operations. However, it became evident that the system was plagued by inefficiencies and inaccuracies.
The primary challenges faced by Hospice Source were as follows:
- Employees frequently grappled with disconnected systems, creating difficulties in accurately documenting order processing and rendering it impossible for them to gain valuable insights into the order process and performance.
- The system’s performance gradually degraded as the volume of data it needed to process and manage increased over time.
- The cost of maintaining the system, including the software and its existing feature set, had become prohibitively expensive.
- The system’s feature set was found lacking in critical aspects, such as the inability to run depreciation calculations, keep track of rental inventory, ensure precise tracking, minimize errors, and prevent overbooking.
- An urgent requirement arose for developing and implementing a solution within a tight 60-day timeframe to transition from the previous system.
With almost 63 warehouses spread across the United States, Hospice Source was keen on enhancing its inventory system, making it more responsive, and seamlessly integrating additional data. They actively sought innovative approaches and greater flexibility at more cost-effective rates.
Hospice Source chose Digicode as a technology partner due to the company’s extensive 20-year track record in the field and its profound understanding of inventory management processes across diverse organizations.
Digicode collaborated closely with Hospice Source’s employees, taking the time to comprehensively grasp their requirements. Subsequently, Digicode recommended implementing Dynamics 365 Business Central solutions tailored to address Hospice Source’s unique business needs, including precise tracking, information sharing, and software requirements.
As a result of the transition, all of Hospice Source’s operational teams now benefit from using a modern, secure, analytical, and collaborative solution.
The shift to Dynamics 365 Business Central from Microsoft granted Hospice Source newfound flexibility and control over its operations, all achieved within a remarkably short span of 60 days.
In terms of utilization, it is noted that 25% of orders were completed through the web self-service, while the remaining orders were made over the phone. However, at Hospice Source, 90% of orders are made online, resulting in significant savings for internal operational costs. Customers also express satisfaction with the online ordering system, as it allows them to view favorites and bundles, making the ordering process more efficient, accurate, and less prone to human errors.
Key Solutions Implemented:
Tim Hines, CIO at Hospice Source, remarked, “Besides the cost savings, we acquired a range of functional benefits that were previously unattainable.” The transition not only led to cost savings but also resulted in the elimination of cumbersome paperwork processes, which accounted for a significant 60% of their previous workload.
Furthermore, our company continues to collaborate closely with Hospice Source as a dedicated technological partner. We offer comprehensive support for all technical issues and provide diverse employee profiles, ranging from software and hardware development to technology consulting.